This year, we are excited to host our first CONNECT hybrid event. To support a successful hybrid meeting, please follow these participation guidelines as much as possible during the the event:
- Ensure a good internet connection, as well as audio and visual outputs, prior to the meeting
- Mute yourself when you aren't speaking
- Do not multitask (or at least try really hard not to...)
- You will have the option to share your perspective via chat or audio during certain sessions
- We will have a Zoom moderator who will assist with questions. We will provide guidance prior to the session starting.
- Come prepared for informative and collaborative sessions
- Montreal still requests that all in-person attendees wear a mask while in-doors
- When asking questions, you will be required to use a microphone to guarantee the virtual audience can hear you
- Bring a computer or tablet so you can participate on the virtual collaboration tools for each session
Use the GA4GH Connect Slack channels to chat with your colleagues and carry-on discussions between sessions:
- #general: to connect with new and old faces, share updates, and learn more about the community
- #questions-4-secretariat: have a question or challenge? Secretariat is here to help!
Feel free to continue the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #GA4GHConnect!
Expectations for Conduct
Please note that participants in GA4GH meetings and activities are expected to follow the GA4GH Standards for Professional Conduct. GA4GH expects all attendees to help us create an inclusive environment.
- Be respectful
- Be transparent about potential conflicts of interest
The following will not be tolerated:
- Discrimination harassment
- Sexual harassment
- Disrespectful behaviours
Notice of Audio/Video Recording
By entering the event, you enter an area where video and audio recording may occur. If you do not wish to be recorded, please inform us at email@example.com.