Health & Safety
Please respect others’ decisions, as attitudes and healthcare access differ between cultures and individuals.
Given the fast-changing nature of public health concerns, these guidelines are subject to change.
We encourage the use of face masks during the sessions and in all enclosed spaces, when not eating or drinking.
Mask mandates have been lifted in Spain, although masks are required in certain settings in Barcelona, such as taxis and public transportation. Local authorities in Barcelona do not currently require face masks at the venues for Plenary and the reception/working sessions.
We encourage taking a rapid Covid test ≤24 hours before departing for Barcelona and on each day of Plenary and the reception/working sessions.
GA4GH will provide free rapid Covid tests at the venues for all attendees. See below for a list of alternative testing options at hotels and clinics in Barcelona.
If you test positive, or develop cold- or flu-like symptoms, please do not attend the rest of the meeting. Please contact event manager Carly Sullivan (CSullivan@palladianpartners.com) for assistance with next steps, or notify us anonymously.
Other Testing Options and Certified Travel Testing:
Certain hotels in Barcelona offer Covid tests on premises or will help you secure a nearby test. Please check with your hotel concierge.
Quiron – Avinguda Josep Tarradellas, 34, 08029 Barcelona
Synlab – Asinsa Centre Medic, Numancia 47-49, Ent. 1, 08029 Barcelona
Quiron – Carrer de Provenza, 319, 08037 Barcelona
Quiron – Carrer del Rosselló, 484, 08025 Barcelona
Other Sanitation Measures:
Venues for Plenary and the reception/working sessions will offer outdoor space where food and drinks can be consumed, weather permitting.
An outdoor terrace is available for open-air breaks throughout Plenary.
All surfaces will be disinfected on a daily basis.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be provided at registration and throughout the meeting.
Other Safety Measures:
Although Barcelona is considered generally safe for tourists, there are pick-pockets and bag thieves in all Barcelona areas with popular tourist attractions. Please review the following safety tips. You may also learn more here.
1. Don't carry your wallet in a back pocket
2. Don't put phones or cameras on tables at cafes
3. Wear your backpack on the front in touristy areas
4. Always keep bags closed and on your lap at cafes/coffee bars
5. Be wary of any strangers approaching you or touching you
6. Don't participate in street games like the three shell game
7. Be extra aware on beaches and in the metro
8. Be extra aware when watching street shows
9. Be extra aware when you're at La Rambla, Sagrada Familia Church, Sants Station and on the metro
10. Be extra aware in hotel lobbies and airport transportation areas